Tuesday

I Want To Be A Cowboy

Happy belated Easter. I hope you had a lovely weekend and ate lots of chocolate.

We booked a weekend out of Melbourne to enjoy some country air. We went to Daylesford in the cool country a couple of hours outside of Melbourne. Daylesford is an old mining town and is know for its natural mineral springs - more of this in my next blog.

Keen to get the most of the outdoors I booked a two hour ride at Hepburn Lagoon Trail Rides for Joe and I. Joe has never ridden before but was keen to give it a try, after looking a little nervous to begin with - he soon relaxed with his lovely steed Winston.





I rode the lovely Boo Hoo using a couple of leading reins - bit sore on the hands!





We had a couple of great hours riding in the bush, seeings Koalas. Joe loved it and even had a go at a canter.

I wanted to take home Boo Hoo home!


The riding school was on a homestead farm. The farmer's lovely wife Sue bought us piles of cheese on toast to eat after the ride, before we headed back to our cottage... for just a little nap.


More of our adventures to come tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment